Sunday, April 3, 2016

Virginia Tech Psychology Practicum

PHR has been providing a practicum for VT undergraduate psychology majors. We asked Kristin to offer some comments on her experience

For the last 4 months, I have had the pleasure of interning for Psychological Health Roanoke. This rewarding experience has given me the chance to observe the inner-workings of a private practice and actually contribute to its daily operations. Being a senior psychology student at Virginia Tech, days away from graduation, I will be taking much of what I have learned at the practice with me. Not only was I able to get a grasp on the ever-confusing insurance and billing issues, but I was also able to observe a wide variety of therapy sessions. But I can say that what I will miss most are the people, everyone from the experienced psychologists I worked closely with to the staff who were always so kind and helpful. Overall, I think this rare opportunity has ultimately confirmed exactly what I want to be one day: a licensed psychologist working for a private practice like Psych Health Roanoke!

*Kristin Knihnicki

No comments:

Post a Comment